Saturday, September 25, 2010

By this time tomorrow...

It will be over and done with, and I'll just be checking over my answers to the questions, to make sure I've answered to the best of my knowledge and abilities.

It has been a long row to hoe, and it has been a long time since I have had to study with this intensity.  During my studies, I noticed myself going through certain symptoms, mostly having to do with the excess study and worry, which of course, affects the spleen.  After meals I was becoming very sleepy, especially after a big lunch.

For a week, I had no appetite and ate very little.  That was just after my first review session, when I truly realized all the work I had ahead of me.

When I did eat, I had excessive heartburn, and a distension feeling in the chest and abdomen (stagnant liver qi).

Anyway, I'll be getting up at 5am tomorrow to head off to my exam.  The exam doesn't start until 9am, but considering it is going to be in a place that I have never been before, I want to leave myself plenty of time to get there on time and have time for some final review.

I am very pleased with my information chart.  In 15 minutes, I can reproduce a list of all of the following information:

Yuan Source Points
Luo Connecting Points
Xi-Cleft Points
Opening Points
Mother Points
Horary Points
Son Points
Jing Wells
Ying Springs
Shu Stream
Jing River
He Sea
Wood Points
Fire Points
Earth Points
Metal Points
Water Points
Mu Alarm Points
Shu Alarm Points
Extra Meridian Points (Luo, Control and Xi-Cleft points)
Zang-Fu Law
Bu-Xie Law

Whew.  That's a lot of information!  Couple all that information with just about any symptom you can throw at me and I can come up with an appropriate list of points that would be useful.

In addition to all this, add my 5 years of clinical experience and I am pretty sure that I can conquer this exam!

That's it for now, wish me luck everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment